Kunstraum on Mount Ahorn
With its almost self-supporting construction located at 2,000 meters above sea level, the Kunstraum at the Ahornbahn Summit Station is an amazing place! Try regional delicacies in the newly designed Café-Bistro Kunstraum while enjoying fantastic views over the Zillertal mountains through huge floor-to-ceiling windows. The Café-Bistro Kunstraum also serves as an exhibition space for paintings and artworks of local artists. Currently, several works of Franz "Kaiser" Eberharter from Mayrhofen and Alfred Eberharter from Wiesing are on display.
The Kunstraum is open daily from 08:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note that on Tuesdays warm meals can only be served until 3:30 p.m. due to preparations for the Dinner on Mount Ahorn.
The Kunstraum Team is looking forward to your visit!
Pistenbock toboggan fun in Mayrhofen
If you feel like taking a break from skiing or just want to spend a day on Leisure Mountain Ahorn in Mayrhofen without ski or snowboard equipment, you should try taking a ride on a Pistenbock sled for some great toboggan fun. On a specially designed course separated off from the other pistes you’ll adjust your hat, hang on tight, and tackle the turns. Practice makes perfect - you’re definitely going to want to go at it more than once.
Mountain Breakfast in the Kunstraum
Before hitting the slopes in the morning, breakfast lovers don’t want to miss out on a culinary experience with amazing views of the mountains of Mayrhofen.
After a hearty breakfast in the Kunstraum at the Ahornbahn summit station, you’ll be ready for a great day of skiing.
Mountain Breakfast Facts
- The Mountain Breakfast is available in the Kunstraum every day in the winter season 2018/19
- Breakfast will be served until 10:30 a.m
- Please register by 4:00 p.m. one day in advance by calling +43 (0) 5285 62277
Mountain Breakfast prices:
|Adults||Children up to 15 years|
|Mountain Breakfast incl. ascent and descent||€ 33.70||€ 20.50|
|Mountain Breakfast solo||€ 15.00||€ 10.00|
Dinner on Mount Ahorn
Every Tuesday it’s time for “Dinner on Ahorn Mountain” at the Café-Bistro Kunstraum at the Ahornbahn Summit Station. Let us spoil you with a delicious fondue while you enjoy the incredible atmosphere amidst the mountains and the breathtaking views of Mayrhofen at night.
Dinner on Mount Ahorn Facts
- Dinner on Mount Ahorn is available in the Kunstraum every Tuesday from 01.01. to 26.03.2019 in the winter season 2018/19 (no dinner on 19.03.2019)
- The ascent with the Ahornbahn is at 6:00 p.m. and the descent is at 9:30 p.m.
- Dinner consists of soup, salad, fondue and dessert
- A vegetarian option is available upon request
- Please register for the Dinner by 4:00 p.m. on Monday at our cash desks, via e-mail under email@example.com or via phone under +43 (0)5285 62277.
- Please pick up the tickets at the Ahornbahn ticket window by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- The prices per person, including ascent and descent, are: Adults € 51.00, Youth € 41,00, Children € 25,50 (drinks excluded)
Tip: If you’re up for some drinks and cool music after dinner, be sure to check out the White Lounge Igloo Party.
White Lounge Igloo Parties
Finish off your evening at the coolest location in the Zillertal! Every week, the mystic Igloo Party takes place at the White Lounge Igloo Village on Mount Ahorn. Enjoy delicious drinks and dance to the finest DJ sounds – it’s guaranteed to be an unforgettable evening!
Facts White Lounge Iglu Parties
- The parties take place in the White Lounge every Tuesday from January to March
- Dates: 27.12.2018, from 15.01. to 26.03.2019 every Tuesday with changing Line-Up
- Music genre: Techno/House/Drum and Bass
- Minimum age: 16 years (ID required)
- Ascent to the parties is at 7:30 p.m. and the descent is at 11:00 p.m.
- Please register for the Party by 4:00 p.m. on Monday at our cash desks, via e-mail under firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone under +43 (0)5285 62277.
- Please pick up your tickets at one of our ticket windows by at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- The price per person, including ascent and descent as well as a welcome drink, is € 25.00
Winter hiking in the Zillertal
Ahorn Winter hiking path
The Winter Hike on Leisure Mountain Ahorn in Mayrhofen offers fantastic views over the Zillertal Alps and the Stilluptal. The loop path starts at the Ahornbahn mountain station and leads past the Zillertal viewing platform, the White Lounge igloo village and continues down to the 8 SB Ahorn Bottom Station. The ride with the chairlift is included in the Pedestrian Lift Ticket! !
Duration: The leisurely winter walk takes about one hour.
Tip: Enjoy a delicious drink at the White Lounge and take part in one of the guided White Lounge tours!
Penken Winter hiking path
If you need a break from skiing, check out the new Penken Winter hiking path! It starts at the Kombibahn Summit Station and leads to the Granatalm at the Penkenjoch and back again. This leisurely walk offers spectacular views over the surrounding mountains.
Duration: about 1 hour
Please note that our pedestria ticket is not valid at the Finkenberger Almbahnen cable car.
Tip: Before going down to the valley with the Penkenbahn, relax at our panorama terrace at the Penkenbahn mountain station.