Sunrise Breakfast on Mount Ahorn
Between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m., the Ahornbahn, Austria’s largest gondola, takes early birds up to the Ahorn Plateau, where they can enjoy the beautiful sunrise from the Zillertal Viewing Platform over a nice cup of hot tea. As you watch the sun’s rays rise above the peaks of the Zillertal Alps and slowly turn from bluish purple to bright pink to warm gold, you’ll realize that getting up so early was well worth the effort. This fascinating spectacle of nature briefly gives a mystical aura to the mountains of Mayrhofen. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a hearty breakfast – the perfect meal before you tackle all the adventures that Ahorn Mountain has in store for you. There’s no better way to start the day!
Sunrise Breakfast facts
- Every Thursday in July and August
- Ascent with the Ahornbahn between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.
- Booking: Please sign up by 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday at any Mayrhofner Bergbahnen ticket window or by calling 0043 (0) 5285 62277
- Exact time of ascent made known upon booking
- Sunrise at the Zillertal Viewing Platform with a cup of hot tea
- Buffet breakfast
- Clothing: We recommend sturdy shoes and a jacket or jumper, as the temperatures on the mountain can be quite low early in the morning.
Eagle's Stage Ahorn
Located at 2,000 meters above sea level, the Ahorn Eagle’s Stage on Leisure Mountain Ahorn is the highest-altitude birds of prey station in Europe and has room for up to 800 guests. Visitors hold their breath in excitement when the kings of the sky hover mere inches above their heads before diving down and grabbing their bait. Didi Wechselberger, the host at the Ahorn Eagle’s Stage makes sure that the audience experiences unforgettable moments.
During the one-hour Birds of Prey Show you will get to observe eagles, owls, buzzards, falcons, and other majestic birds up close, marvel at their spectacular aerial acrobatics, and learn all about their skills and habits from our two falconers. The Ahorn Eagle’s Stage with its Birds of Prey Show is a truly fascinating highlight and a must-see attraction of any visit to Mayrhofen in the summer!
Learn about birds of prey already on your way to the birds of prey show! The new Birds of Prey Path with interesting information panels starts at the Ahornbahn Summit Station and leads right up to the Ahorn Eagle's Stage!
Birds of Prey Show – Facts and Figures
- The Birds of Prey Show takes place daily at 2:00 p.m. from mid-June to mid-October (no shows on Tuesdays).
- Duration: Approximately 1 hour, admission from 1:45 p.m.
- The Ahorn Eagle’s Stage is a 10-minute walk from the Ahornbahn summit station.
- The Ahorn Eagle’s Stage is open daily from 10.00 to 12.00 a.m. (closed Wednesdays). Admission is free.
- Barrier-free access
- Clothing: closed shoes
Ahorn Leisure Trail
The Leisure Trail, which is suitable for baby buggies, leads across the entire Ahorn Plateau and provides an exceptional experience for the young as well as the young at heart. In summer 2017, various leisure and wellness points that engage all of the senses were added to the trail. The views along the route are especially incredible! Once again next summer, you can watch sculptors as they carve wood in the form of indigenous wildlife. Their creations will then be on display along the trail.
In addition to the Zillertal and Stilluptal viewing platforms, the new Eagle's View Lookout, which opened last summer, awaits visitors young and old and gives them the feeling of sitting in a big eagle’s nest equipped with binoculars. If you look closely, you will even be able to catch sight of all sorts of highlights in the distance. You can learn exciting facts about the flora and fauna of the Zillertal Alps High Alpine Nature Park at various stations along the trail.
In 2017, the area in front of the Ahornbahn Summit Station was transformed into a Leisure Place with lots of comfortable seating to help you sit back and relax. Practical and fun handcarts can be rented at the Ahornbahn Summit Station.
Leisure Trail – Facts
- Lake Ahorn and Ahorn Creek with many opportunities to play, rest, and relax
- Viewing platforms: Zillertal, Stilluptal and since summer 2017 the new Eagle's View Lookout
- Leisure Place at the Ahornbahn Summit Station with comfortable seating
- Mountain Playground located between the Ahornbahn Summit Station, the Ahornhütte and the Panorama Mountain Restaurant
- Petting zoo at the Filzenalm
- Balancing on the Sinnespfad
- Birds of Prey Path from the Ahornbahn Summit Station to the Ahorn Eagle's Stage with information panels about the birds of prey