Sunrise Breakfast on Mount Ahorn
Between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m., the Ahornbahn, Austria’s largest gondola, takes early birds up to the Ahorn Plateau, where they can enjoy the beautiful sunrise from the Zillertal viewing platform over a nice cup of hot tea. As you watch the sun’s rays rise above the peaks of the Zillertal Alps and slowly turn from bluish purple to bright pink to warm gold, you’ll realize that getting up so early was well worth the effort. This fascinating spectacle of nature briefly gives a mystical aura to the mountains of Mayrhofen. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a hearty breakfast – the perfect meal before you tackle all the adventures that Mount Ahorn has in store for you. There’s no better way to start the day!
Sunrise Breakfast facts
- Every Thursday from July to September
- Ascent with the Ahornbahn between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.
- Booking: Please sign up by 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday at any Mayrhofner Bergbahnen cash desk or by calling 0043 (0) 5285 62277
- Exact time of ascent made known upon booking
- Enjoy the sunrise at the Zillertal viewing platform with a cup of hot tea
- Buffet breakfast in the Café-Bistro Kunstraum
- Clothing: We recommend sturdy shoes and a jacket or jumper, as the temperatures on the mountain can be quite low early in the morning.
Eagle's Stage Ahorn
When as many as 800 spectators hold their breath at the same time, you can really feel the excitement at the Eagle’s Stage Ahorn in Mayrhofen im Zillertal. That’s where the kings of the sky hover just inches above the heads of spectators before diving down to grab some bait, providing for some unforgettable moments at 2,000 meters above sea level. Accompanied by his wife Waltraud, Didi Wechselberger, manager of the highest-altitude Birds of Prey station in Europe, lets you experience these aerial acrobats up close and in action.
During the one-hour Birds of Prey Show you will get to observe eagles, owls, buzzards, falcons, and other majestic birds up close, marvel at their spectacular aerial acrobatics, and learn all about their skills and habits from our two falconers. The Eagle’s Stage Ahorn with its Birds of Prey Show is a truly fascinating highlight and a must-see attraction of any visit to Mayrhofen in the summer!
Tip: Birds of Prey Path
Learn about Birds of Prey already on your way to the Birds of Prey show! The Birds of Prey Path with interesting information panels starts at the Ahornbahn mountain station and leads right down to the Eagle's Stage Ahorn!
Birds of Prey Show – Facts:
- The Birds of Prey Show takes place daily at 2:00 p.m. from mid-June to mid-October (no shows on Tuesdays).
- Duration: Approximately 1 hour, admission from 1:45 p.m.
- You can reach the Eagle’s Stage Ahorn easily in a 10-minute walk from the Ahornbahn mountain station.
- The Eagle’s Stage Ahorn is open daily from 10.00 to 12.00 a.m. (closed Wednesdays). Admission is free.
- Barrier-free access to the Eagle's Stage Ahorn. We offer a transport from the mountian station of the Ahornbahn for handicapped persons and wheelcair users on request.
- We recommend to wear closed shoes as the birds are anything but shy.
Ahorn Leisure Trail
The Leisure Trail, which is suitable for baby buggies, covers the entire Ahorn Plateau and provides valuable information about the varied flora and fauna of the Zillertal Alps Nature Park Zillertaler Alpen. You’ll also be treated to incredible panoramas and views at our Eagle’s View, Zillertal, Stilluptal, and Filzenalm viewing platforms, or you can sit back and relax at the Leisure Square in front of the Ahornbahn mountain station or at one of several rest places.
Tip for families: Explore the Leisure Trail with one of our coaster wagons, which are available free of charge at the mountain station of the Ahornbahn.
Leisure Trail – Facts
- Lake Ahornsee and Ahornbach Stream offer many opportunities to play, rest, and relax
- 4 Viewing platforms: Eagle's view, Zillertal, Stilluptal and Filzenalm
- Leisure Square at the Ahornbahn mountain station with comfortable seating places
- Mountain Playground located between the Ahornbahn mountain station, the Ahornhütte hut and the Panorama mountain restaurant
- Petting zoo at the Filzenalm
- Balancing on the Sinnespfad
- Birds of Prey Path from the Ahornbahn mountain station to the Eagle's Stage Ahorn with information panels about the Birds of Prey