Vans Penken Park
The Vans Penken Park in Mayrhofen extends over an entire slope on the sunny side of Action Mountain Penken. Six areas including Kids Park, Medium Area, Advanced Area, Pro Area and Fun Area offer various obstacles for beginners and pros. Each year, our international crew of shapers comes up with new ideas and keeps the park in perfect shape.
Among the park's highlights are the massive rainbow box, the huge wallride at the end of the park, the halfpipe and of course the Multijib "Beastbox". The Vans Penken Park has established itself as a meeting point of the European freestyle scene and especially the Pro Area is one of the top addresses for snowboard and freeski pros around the world. For its diverse and perfectly shaped setup, the park even won the title "European Park of the Year 2010"!
Tip: Show what you've got and get a photo of your trick! Every Tuesday and Saturday there is a public photo shoot from 1.00 to 3.00 p.m. The pictures are available as free downloads in our online shop.
Dos and Don'ts in the Park
- Consideration for other skiers and snowboarders: All skiers and snowboarders must behave in such a way that they do not endanger others.
- Control of speed and riding: All skiers and snowboarders must ride carefully and according to their skills. They must adapt their riding to the prevailing conditions of terrain, snow and weather as well as the number of riders in the park.
- Choice of route: Skiers and snowboarders coming from behind must choose their route in such a way that they do not endanger other skiers or snowboarders.
- Overtaking: Skiers and snowboarders may overtake each other, provided that there is always enough space for the overtaken skier or snowboarder to make any voluntary or involuntary movement!
- Entering, starting and moving upwards: Skiers and snowboarders entering a run, starting again after stopping or moving upwards must look up and down the slopes in order to make sure they do not endanger themselves or others.
- Stopping: Unless necessary, skiers and snowboarders must avoid stopping at narrow places or where visibility is restricted. After a crash at such a place, skiers and snowboarders must clear the slope as soon as possible.
- Climbing and descending: Skiers and snowboarders climbing or descending on foot must keep to the side of the slope.
- Respect for signs and markings: Skiers and snowboarders must respect all signs and markings.
- Assistance: In case of accidents, every skier or snowboarder is duty bound to assist.
- Identification: In case of an accident, every skier or snowboarder and witness, whether a responsible party or not, must exchange names and addresses.
Events in the Park
- Groms Open: 6 January 2013
Snowboard Slopestyle Contest for young shredders at the Vans Penken Park
- Mayrhofer Freeski Open powered by Nordica Freeskiers: 23–26 January 2013
The best freeskiers in Mayrhofen will be awarded in the categories "Rookies", "Girls" and "Open Class".
- Vans Hi-Standard Series: 23 March 2013
The new snowboard event goes back to the grassroots of Vans. The riders are judged on individual style, creativity and self-expression.